Recipes by product
Quorn Steak Stroganoff
10 secondary 12 primary
- 25g butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 50g plain flour
- 400ml milk
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 500g Quorn steak strips
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan add the onions and mushrooms, cover and fry over a gentle heat for 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and blend in the milk and vegetable stock. Return to the heat and bring to the boil stirring until thickened.
- Reduce the heat, add the Quorn steak strips and blend in the mustard, cook gently for a further 10 minutes until the Quorn is piping hot. (Add a little extra stock or milk if a thinner consistency is desired).
- Stir in the parsley and serve with boiled rice and green beans or carrots.
Tip: Place the Stroganoff into a pie dish and top with shortcrust pastry for a delicious pie.