Recipes by product
Quorn Spicy Coconut Noodle Soup
- 500g Quorn pieces
- 5g dried mushrooms (shitake, oyster and porcini)
- 75g Thai red curry paste
- 800ml reduced fat coconut milk
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 150g Thai rice noodles, roughly broken, cooked according to pack instructions
- 200g beansprouts
- 100g shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green chilli, sliced into fine rings
- 8 spring onions, finely shredded
- Rehydrate the dried mushrooms in 500ml warm water for 30 minutes. Reserve the mushrooms and water.
- Heat a large frying pan until hot. Dry- fry the curry paste, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Stir in the coconut milk, Quorn pieces and water from the dried mushrooms. Bring to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice the rehydrated mushrooms and the sliced button mushrooms and stir into the broth. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the noodles, beansprouts, fresh shitake mushrooms and most of the chilli and spring onions. Season to taste. Heat through.
- Serve immediately in deep bowls and garnish with remaining spring onion and chilli.
Tip: Fresh shitake mushrooms spoil if cooked for too long. Replace shitake mushrooms with a variety of other mushrooms.